ATTENTION: As of September 1, 2016 the Mission Office will NOT accept Mass stipend or project requests made through email or regular mail.
Thank you for inquiring about mission support from the Mission Office of the Archdiocese of Chicago. Our office is highly committed to help as many missionary groups as possible. To fulfill your request, we ask you to review the following information:
1. We are only able to fund specific mission projects or provide Mass stipends to a diocese.
2. All requests must come with the original letter from either the Bishop or the Religious Superior, acknowledging the existence of the organization or project.
3. When applicable, requests must also include contact information of one other person in the organization (diocese, congregation, board member, staff). Provide the information included in the Diocesan Contact form.
4. All requests REQUIRE a statement of certification, if the person making the request is not the Bishop or Religious Superior to acknowledge the requester’s good standing. See the Statement of Certification form here.
5. All requests MUST include a detailed report of how the funds will be used. Our office also requests follow-up information about how mission project went, including photos and/or descriptions.
6. IF there is no U.S. contact who can facilitate the transfer of funds, a wire transfer may be necessary. If so, include your Wire Transfer Information on this form.
7. We are only able to accept ONE request per ministry, per year.
6. We do not send funds to European countries; these requests should be sent to the Catholic Near East Welfare Association.
Until ALL the requested documents are presented, your request or project proposal will not be considered. Once the Mission Office receives all required information, we have 30 business days to accept or decline the request.
All project appeals will be processed on a first come, first serve basis.